Thursday, February 13, 2014

Return from Cookie Mountain

Do you think Cookie Monster is happy & agreeable when he is stuffing his face with cookies all day? Damn right he is.


Would you think Cookie Monster freaks the fuck out when he is down to his last cookie, breaking it up into smaller pieces trying to spread it out so he wont run out? Then licks his fingers wiping the empty cookie jar clean of every last crumb and spec of cookie goodness? Most likely.....


I know you and I cannot decide for another if they are in fact an addict, but I think it's safe to say that Cookie Monster has a problem.... and his problems are sure to be exaberated when he runs out of his fix, affecting not only him, but others around him.


It's not hard to imagine the chaos that Cookie Monster would inflict on Sesame Street when he runs out of cookies and can't find more... Looking back, I can now start to see how I have acted out in personal relationships. (any relationship for that matter)  How I effected those closest to me when I ran out (or said I was quitting) of my drink, drug or any other cookie like substance. Irritable, dis-content, lonely, a complete asshole. But I didn't know why. I lashed out and compounded problems / issues, built up resentments out of them toward those closest to me and dove head first back into any cookie jar I could find...




No comments:

Post a Comment